Cilica respects client’s privacy and has some legal obligations to protect that information under the Data Protection Act 1998 of both Canada and the United Kingdom.
This is why she uses the Canadian Standards Association’s “Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information” (the “CSA Model Code”) in policies of the Information Commission Office in the UK known as ICO as the basis client’s rights and confidentiality practices.
By using Cilica’s services your Privacy and Confidentiality is maintained by Cilica’s ability to keep her mouth closed and uses security technology that provides the best privacy possible. However, she is not liable for unforeseen events, security breaches that are out of her control.
As a part of protecting and respect of a client’s rights, Cilica believes each client should have a bill of rights and responsibilities when entering into a service agreement with her. She wants the client to know their information gained about them and safeguarded throughout their session.
- To be treated with respect and recognition of your dignity and right to privacy.
- To be emotional, mentally and physically safe.
- To receive care that is sensitive to your values and belief system.
- To have your privacy and confidentiality of information upheld.
- To participate in the development of an individualised sessions plan.
- To participate in the reviews of the individualised plans of action, with regular updates.
- To request Information about Cilica.
- To have reasonable respect regardless of your race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, age or disability.
- To communicate feedback about your experience with Cilica.
- To have the right to suggestions and course of action.
- To receive information about expectations for you in participating in sessions.
- To request access to your information held.
To provide information to Cilica when applicable to get the best out of your sessions.
- To follow plans and recommendations related to your individualised sessions.
- To be an informed consumer of services; understanding expectations for your utilisation of services
Cilica has the right to be respected as well as her privacy kept, not shared on social media, or any other means without her consent.
Our private sessions may be recorded using Skype Business for my private viewing only and the information disclosed to improve our time together.
ALL Skype Recording are kept on an external hard-drive, and never on the internet in any cloud, a web-site or third party application/platform. NEVER
NONE of our conversation, techniques, your progress and the like is never shared with anyone or company, for any reason.
Exceptions: If for any reason I want to share any information about you, I will ask permission beforehand. When you permit me, only then will your information be shared and just for the direct purpose, your consent was granted.
You may request to know where the information was shared, at any time.
Removal of Consent: at any time you may withdraw your consent for the sharing of your information, except if it is in a book format that cannot be recanted or removed from that medium.
Cilica cannot guarantee your privacy at an open event with other participants, an audience or the like. She has no liability for any participant’s who share your information, photograph or recordings of you, for any reason or avenue.
Photographs & Recordings: At Cilica’s events photographs & recordings may be taken by her or a third-party provider of such services, or an employee of Cilica’s for publicity, information, improvement of course materials, etc.
You as a participant will be informed of such before the course begins. You may opt out of any part of or the whole public event as you deem necessary.
Cilica has no liability for the outcome of such recordings and photographs.
Use of Public Event Information: Cilica will advise you where and how the recordings and photographs are used: e-mails, directly, via her web site, or other forms of communication. She will do her best to inform you, but if you do not receive this notice, Cilica holds no liability for your not knowing where the information about you is publicised.
- Collecting your private information is to benefit your time in sessions, training and products use.
- To understand your needs and preferences, Cilica maintains a record of the products and services you receive and may ask for additional information so that we can serve you better.
- Cilica does not collect direct payment details as she uses secure third-party applications, such as direct bank deposits, Interac, and PayPal for your convenience and security.
Cilica may disclose general personal information about our clients. Nothing immediately personal or intimate is ever shared with anyone.
- We may disclose a client’s personal information to a public authority or agent of a public authority if, in the reasonable judgement of Cilica, it appears that there is the imminent danger to life or property which could be avoided or minimised by disclosure of the information.
- In conjunction with special offers or programs, we may disclose clients’ personal information to our program partners, or to third-party agents responsible for administering such offers or programs. Any such disclosure is made on a confidential basis with the client’s express consent.
- To develop, enhance market or provide products and services. For example, we look at how our clients use our products and services so that we can understand how to improve them. From time to time, we may review and analyse your use of our products and services to help us provide better product recommendations and special offers that we think will interest you.
Cilica would like your consent to continue to collect your personal information to improve our time together. However, you have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may have your information destroyed, not used as anonymous references or used in marketing materials.
- You may refuse to provide any or all information asked of you, not answer a question while working together. You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice. However, in either case, this may limit my ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about my client’s rights, please feel free to contact me. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to continue to collect and use your information to better my services to you.